Five For Friday!
Time to rewind this week’s activities with Doodlebugs Teaching 🙂
1. This week my class practiced their phonics skill of the week (verb endings), using a Kagan Strategy; Inside Outside Circle my kids enjoy doing this a lot! I love incorporating some type of movement and interaction into my lessons and this is definitely one of my favorites!
2. I use visual directions very often in my class. It makes my job easier and it’s also easy for my little ones to follow along. I especially like #4 😉
3. I added new goodies to my, “Animals at the Zoo First Grade Common Core Pack.” It was so fun creating this pack and my kids loved the activities!
4. This week my class was sweet and kind enough to make Valentine’s Day cards for my niece who missed out on her Valentine’s Day party last week. I was so happy to be able to turn her little sad frown upside down. My kids rock!
5. We had a dental hygienist visit our classrooms today to talk to our kiddos about keeping our kids healthy. She also showed us yucky pictures of what happens to our teeth when you don’t brush them and take care of them! Let’s just say I think it worked. I had 100% of my class tell me they’re going to brush their teeth as soon as they get home ha!
Now link up with Doodlebugs for FIVE FOR FRIDAY!